The Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology invites applications for a professor (tenure track) position in Food Technology. We seek an exceptional individual with expertise and a track-record in multi-disciplinary research. The position is expected to be filled at Assistant Professor level, but applicants at all levels of professor rank will be considered. The appointee will be required to teach and supervise BSc*, MSc and PhD students; develop the curriculum, mentor post-docs, conduct research in important areas of food science and technology, collaborate with other research groups and stimulate research activities at TalTech.
* The Bachelor's curriculum is in Estonian.
The Department offers
• modern working environment;
• access to relevant infrastructure (computer cluster, molecular biology labs, analytical instruments, etc.).
Requirements for the candidate
• PhD (or an equivalent) degree in the relevant field;
• postdoctoral experience;
• proven competence in food technology and science;
• interest and experience in teaching and supervising (BSc, MSc and PhD level);
• independent research experience;
• good publication record;
• excellent teaching skills;
• ability to apply for and obtain funding from national as well as from international sources;
• ability to work independently and to cooperate with others.
• experience in supervising PhD students;
• research leadership experience and experience in coordinating research activities;
• remarkable ability to initiate and attract collaboration projects with the food industry.
More detailed information on this vacancy and on the way this job fits in the Department’s strategy can be obtained from Prof. Toomas Paalme, toomas dot paalme at taltech dot ee
Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech) is an international scientific community with 11,000 students and approximately 1,800 employees. The strengths of the university are wide multidisciplinary study/research interests, modern research and study environment as well as good collaboration with international educational and research institutions.
The research carried out at the Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology of the School of Science of TalTech focuses currently on asymmetric synthesis, miniaturization of analytical instrumentation, food science and technology, protein science and cellular regulatory and metabolic networks and related diseases. The research is carried out in 14 research groups. The Department has about 160 employees. The mission of the Department is to perform internationally significant research and to provide high-level undergraduate and post-graduate education in the fields of chemistry, biochemistry, bio- and food technology.