International Business Administration
Study programme aims and objectives are to provide applied and systematic knowledge and skills in business and administration at a master’s level to enable the graduate to work as a member of a management board, as a middle manager or top economic specialist.
Main target group: The programme is for those specialists who do not have a bachelor’s diploma (or its equivalent) in economics or business administration and who have reached a position in their career that requires more thorough knowledge of business and administration.
Mike Franz Wahl
Timetables are available here
Thesis and Graduation Information Autumn Semester 2019
List of possible supervisors and topics:
Possible supervisors (Updated October 8th, 2019)
If you need more information about topics or potential supervisors, please turn to the respective department.
! December 16 2019
Deadline to submit the application "Defence of Graduation Thesis" in ÕIS (My Documents- Applications-Defence of graduations thesis) (NB! Thesis topic must be submitted in correct English and in correct Estonian. In case of questions - turn to your supervisor). Thesis topic has to be approved by your supervisor before submitting the application in ÕIS.
Thesis fee is 50% of your credit point fee. Thesis invoice will be available in 2 days after thesis registration in OIS.
! January 3rd 2020
Deadline to submit the final version of thesis to respective department.
Marketing room SOC-350, Anna Varkki
Management and Accounting room SOC-385, Pia Riips and Piret Puskar
Finance room SOC-488
! A graduate shall submit one copy of the graduation thesis on paper (with comb binding or hardbound) and an electronic version of the graduation thesis in pdf format together with non-exclusive licence and metadata.
! Student has to submit Thesis also electronically (PDF format) as well as an Conclusion.
No Thesis will be accepted after January 3rd 2020.
NB! By January 10th 2020 all compulsory and elective subjects have to be entered into ÕIS, otherwise, the student is not eligible to participate in thesis defence.
All financial obligations must be settled at least 5 working days before the Thesis defence day. Please insure that all your payments reach ÕIS by this date, otherwise, you are not allowed to the defence.
Thesis Defence period for Master level students is January 14-22 2020
More detailed schedule will follow in January 2020.
Thesis and defence information
- Procedure for supervising, reviewing and defending graduation theses at TTÜ School of Business and Governance
- Updated! REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT PAPERS AT TTÜ SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND GOVERNANCE seeks to provide student studying at School of Business and Governance and TTÜ, with knowledge about the requirements and principles of writing and formatting papers. Compliance with these would ensure formal conformity of the papers to academic practices and is compulsory at School of Business nd Governance.
- Regulations of Completion of Studies
- It is each student´s responsibility to assure that all curriculum requirements have been met by Thesis submitting date. All modules must be fulfilled; all required and optional courses taken. In case of any questions or doubts, contact your study consultant.
- In order to graduate, your weighted average grade must be 1.0 or higher. You will receive cum laude diploma if your weighted average grade (including the grade for the thesis) is 4.60 and you receive "5" for the thesis.
- Defending students are asked to arrive to the defence 15 minutes earlier than their planned defence time. Defence schedule is sent to all graduating students via e-mail approximately a week prior to the defence day. Please make sure that your contact information in ÕIS is always up to date. After the grades announcement, students must take away their soft bound copies. Thesis defence is open to the public.
- Binderies information:
Visit our own TTÜ bindery at Akadeemia tee 1
Bindery KOOPIA (in Mustamäe, Akadeemia street 15A)
- For Spring Semester graduates only: Graduation ceremonies take place at AULA ceremonial hall (TTÜ Main Hall, Ehitajate tee 5). Before the ceremony, please come and sign the receiving of the graduation documents in the dean’s office of School of Business and Governance, room SOC-248. We are waiting for you to sign the document before the ceremony from 9.00 to 10.30.
- Graduating student will receive his/her diploma either during the graduation ceremony or after the ceremony from Dean's Office, piret dot levertand at taltech dot ee
- If you cannot participate in the ceremony, you can authorize one of your friends, relatives or classmates to pick up the diploma on your behalf. In this case, please download the Letter of Authorization and add the necessary data.
- In case of any questions, please contact your study consultant.