Welcome to participate in the student video competition "Why TalTech SBG?"
TalTech School of Business and Governance is pleased to announce the student video competition “Why TalTech School of Business and Governance?”
Who can participate in the competition?
All students of TalTech SBG are welcome to enter the competition.
The aim of the competition
We are expecting meaningful and creative videos that explain why you decided to study at TalTech SBG, what your curriculum and student life are like, and what your thoughts and recommendations as a student of TalTech SBG are to our prospective students. The exact content of the video is up to your creativity: it may be about TalTech SBG, your study programme, or some aspects of your student life. The aim of the competition is to find comprehensive and engaging videos that could be used to introduce the School to prospective students through the Website of TalTech SBG, social media channels, or other media.
Video competition judging criteria
- Original creative concept and attractiveness of the video
- Technical execution
The prize fund of 1,200 euros will be distributed among the authors of the most outstanding videos. All the videos that can be used for marketing the School will be awarded a prize of 300 euros per video. All participants in the contest will receive a university souvenir as a gift.
02.12.2019 – video submission deadline
16.12.2019 – announcing the winners
This competition is going to be a tradition. Therefore, if you prefer to make your video in the spring semester, you are welcome to apply in the next fall semester. We encourage students to make videos throughout the year.
Enn Listra – the Dean
Heili Sõrmus – Marketing and Alumni Specialist
Laura Lõhmus – International Cooperation Specialist
Märten Puust – Representative of TalTech Filmiklubi
Markus Tiigimäe – Representative of the Student Council of TalTech SBG
Video competition terms and conditions
- The length of the video: preferably 1-2 minutes, maximum 5 minutes
- You are asked to refer to your study programme and School in the video
- The animated logo of TalTech SBG must be included in the outro
- Video design elements should follow TalTech CVI
- Technical requirements:
*Resolution: at least 1280x720, preferably 1920x1080
*Frame rate: at least 25 per second
*Format: AVI or MP4
- You can contact the TalTech Filmiklubi for technical advice and assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please upload your video (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo) and send the original video file and the YouTube link to email@example.com by the 2nd December 2019 at the latest. Your email should include your contact information: your name, programme and study year.
- By submitting an entry the submitter shall confirm that he/she owns all copyrights to the video and has obtained all the permissions associated with the video (including the permission of the persons filmed in the video).
- The submitter shall assign all his/her proprietary rights arising from the video clip to the contest organizer.
- The submitter shall grant the organizer a non-exclusive license to exercise the copyright of the author who created the video clip (except his/her right to authorship, right to author’s name and protection of the author's dignity and honour) until the copyright term ends.
- In the future, the organizer may use all or part of the submitted video clips in Estonia and abroad without asking the author’s permission or without any additional payment.
- TalTech School of Business and Governance has the right to remove videos the content and execution of which do not meet the requirements for the competition.
- The procedure for conducting the contest has been laid down in these Rules established by TalTech SBG. All decisions made by the organizer of the contest are definitive and obligatory/ binding on all participants.
- The winners will be announced on 16th December 2019 on the Website of the School, and they will also be notified by email.
For more detailed information, please contact
Marketing and Alumni Specialist
heili dot sormus at taltech dot ee